Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Do Dogs Remember Their Own Family Members

This is based on a true story of a Pomeranian named “Muffy” who has the gift of memory. She can remember her litter-mate, “Precious” and favors her over all other Pomeranians.
Are dogs smart enough to know who their parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and grandparents are? The answer to that question is yes, believe it or not. Some actually do remember them.
Some dogs are smart enough to remember their family members. Of course there are those who do not, as well. As most dogs will breed with one another even if related to each other. It’s not that they have no morals, they just don’t have memory.
Some dogs are very smart and can dig a hole, place a bone in it, then come back six months later and know exactly where they left that bone, even if the grass is all grown up. People have thought for years that a dog’s nose leads them to that same exact spot. Well, this is not exactly entirely true. These dogs have memory as well as a sense of smell.
We all have heard a story at sometime or another, about some dog who got lost while on vacation and ended up back at home. He found his own way. This is another prime example of a dog’s memory.
I myself know of a Pomeranian named “Muffy”, short for (Muffin). She has the ability of memory herself. She and her sister were bought at the same exact time by me. I gave her to my mother and I took her sister, “Precious”. I own other Pomeranians as well, seeing how I am a Pomeranian breeder.
Every time my mother brings “Muffy” over to my house she runs straight for my daughter’s room where her sister, “Precious” stays. She lies right beside her crate until we let her out.
Now, out of all the Pomeranians that I own, why else would she pick this one particular one to want something to do with? She of course has memory.
When I let “Precious” out of her crate along with my other Pomeranians, “Muffy” always plays with “Precious” and never the others. So, no one can tell me that dogs don’t remember their own family. I have proof that they do, “Muffy” and “Precious”.

My Shop:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment